Wednesday 1 February 2012

CD Packaging Shop Report


Today I took a trip to a CD shop in town to look at the types of unconventional packaging that were on sale as I don't want to produce a standard plastic cd case containing the cd. However, I do need to take  into consideration the time that I have available to me (one week) so the design I do choose to pursue which need to be made within this timeframe. Anyway, this is what I found....




Simple cardboard structure has two sides which both contain cds. The net designs looks fairly simple. 


A sleeve which opens out to reveal two cds both contained within a plastic casing. 


..having the cd enclosed within a 'book' style publication.


The cd encased in the front of another book like publication.



A hard metallic case (very sturdy and heavy). The title is de-bossed into the front of the cover design and the booklet held in place in the left hand side of the case. 


A hard plastic cover with embossed circles to create a texture. 




A very effective design where the white booklet inside can be interchanged for more vibrant colours which then enhance the design. I think I could easily use this net of this design to create my own version of this. I am thinking that instead of the cross shape (as it has no relevance to my work) I could either get the Ministry of Sound logo laser cut into it or use the semi-circle shape I have used within my fourth ident and title sequence. Rather than a booklet I could have 4 pieces of card with different coloured gradients on one side and then information displayed on the other so that once you open the case you are presented with information regarding what the cd contains. You will also be able to re-arrange these to change the coloured gradient which is being displayed on the outer and the information which is displayed on the inner. PLAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment