Sunday 29 January 2012

CD Sleeve Considerations

As I was beginning to consider the CD sleeve to package my motion graphics, I decided I wanted to use a laser cut image on the outer sleeve with a coloured gradient on the inner jacket to act as a pattern. I thought I could have the Ministry of Sound logo laser cut out but then again maybe some geometric shapes could look enticing. Anyway, I had a little look at what was existing.....


The colouring on the inner jacket is vibrant and gives an visual indication of type of the music to be heard. I am not that keen on the type though, I think a shape would work better with my concept.


The way in which this sleeve opens and the simple cuts made to hold the cd in place. The brighter colouring also works well here. 



These are the type of the geometric shapes I want to have cut out of my sleeve to reveal a gradient behind. I could even have photographs of a Ministry of Sound club night, in the way that they have been used here.



The simple use of a bellyband here turns the plain brown sleeve into something a little more. It is a cheap and easy way enhance the look of a simple sleeve.



Using shapes within the cut geometric shapes revealing only sections of the underneath.  The crisp white colour makes the product seem more pure. I could have the outer sleeve white with a geometric sleeve cut out to reveal a gradient beneath.


....love the geometric shape used here! 









Die cutting the sleeve (or laser cutting) to reveal the colour beneath is a technique I could use.


Having elements within the sleeve which can then be assembled to contain the product; inventive idea. 






...packaging the cds in context to the content. 


A resin mould has been created to produce this cd cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment