Friday 28 October 2011

Ahhhhhh ....Pencils.

Rhodia



The packaging of this pencil is simple yet effective. Through the packaging design it is the choice of colour of the pencil brings this product to life.

Faber-Castell





The raised lettering seen here is remarkable.

Rosetta Leadholder







This has just given me a thought as to how I can combine using different lead gradients to portray different moods; by suppling them with the pencil so that the user can choose. However, I do not want to over complicate the my concept.

Zebrano & Graphite


This is one proposed way to ensure the pencils are eco friendly.

HEMA Mechanical Pen



Lyra Colourstripe





I previously mentioned using different colour to represent different moods ...this is one mighty way to do this.

Seven Argentinian red and blue pencils



Just a little thought on how to foil my pencil.

Copying pencils


The way in which these pencils have different coloured ends could work considerably well with my concept of using different colours or grades depending on someones mood, all within one pencil.

Berol Handwriting Pencil




Pencil Sets




Rushmore Pencils


This packaging is simple yet different from the types of pencil packaging you normally see on the high street. However, one downside of this type of packaging is that you cannot see the product inside and there are no clues as to what the product inside may look like on the exterior.


Another idea of how to include the colour/mood theory into my pencil designs.

Moleskin 






Te shape of these pencils is unusual; i'm not entirely sure how comfortable these would be as a tool for writing and drawing. I am particularly drawn to the way in which the lettering is applied to the pencil (black on black) creates a look of expense. 

Staedtler 




Building your own pencil, what a creative challenge ...love it!


A simple technique to give information and package the pencils; wrapping the pencil in the information. Not sure it's very aesthetically pleasing though.

Blackwing








Free give-aways are already in place. This was my idea for promoting my concept ...a free pencil frenzy!









No comments:

Post a Comment